Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Governor-General Resumes Active Management of the Spanish Trail Estate

The Governor-General, Bo Register, The Most Honourable, Bo Register, Marquess of Mobile, Baron Von Servers of Fayette, PC, GSB has resumed direct, active management of the family's 20 acre 'Spanish Trail' holdings. The estate, located between Grand Ridge and Sneads on the Old Spanish Trail also borders the CSX Railway right of way. The property has not been actively managed since 1992.

The Governor-General, citing a reduction in pressing matters before Parliament, his increasing personal concerns over proper land management, and his long absence from the family estates returned last week to the holdings which had long been unmaintained.

In a statement made available to the Provisional Post, the Governor-General outlined his activities:

“My first priority was to oversee replacement of culverts and recreation of the access road from the estate to the Spanish Trail. Without proper road access none of the other projects I have in mind can be accomplished.”

“After that, I set about ensuring that a temporary residence was made ready for use by myself and my family. I contacted the West Florida Electric Co-operative, and obtained power and the utility pole. They were very gracious and worked us into their already tight schedule. I must say that I am impressed by the knowledge and professionalism of the Co-operative's employees.” Once we had power and road access I placed a temporary residence – actually a camper-trailer – on the land.”

“I will be conducting 'site reviews' and develop a land use plan to include permanent housing, reforestation and row crops.”

No comments: