Saturday, August 02, 2008

Marquess of Mobile Contributes Share of Profits to Royal Floridian Mail

The Most Honourable Bo Register, Marquess of Mobile, Baron Von Servers of Fayette has contributed 4 Shillings, 8 pence to the Royal Floridian Mail through the House of Lords Select Committee on Stationery and Stamps.

The Governor-General provided a brief description of the transaction: “I recently received a bit over a pound from a successful joint effort with the Governor of Independent Long Island. The joint effort is international in scale, and allows us to showcase our technical abilities and infrastructural support mechanisms.“

“While the joint venture did not in anyway involve my position within the government, it is only fitting that I, as a member of the House of Lords Select Committee on Stamps & Stationery support its efforts to continue the Queen and Landscapes series. I have determined that by giving one fifth of the proceeds from this international joint infrastructure project to our own internal projects I can help my nation without causing undue hardships for my family or those in the Barony and Marquessate under my care.”

The contribution of 4 shillings 8 pence is the largest single contribution to the Royal Mail's Cinderella Stamp project in the history of this Dominion.

No comments: